The mission of the OIP Investment Trust is to provide faith consistent investment management of the financial resources of Roman Catholic related organizations including, but not limited to, ministries, religious orders, and dioceses through the utilization of professional investment managers and investment firms.
The OIP Investment Trust is:
- committed to providing these services to all who qualify, with a special commitment for those who are located where access to professional financial management of resources is limited or restricted and who will benefit from the participation in a larger and more diversified investment fund
guided by faith consistent investing guidelines that are rooted in the Gospel and the Catholic tradition; these guidelines are currently applied to all public market investments and to most private market investments (the OIP invested in a limited number of historical private market investments that did not incorporate the faith consistent investment guidelines into the contractual agreements - these investments are winding down - new private market investments adhere to the guidelines):
- screening investments in an effort to exclude those that do not meet the OIP Investment Trust’s faith-based investment criteria (The OIP Investment Trust uses an independent professional service provider to identify the public market companies that do not comply with the guidelines; and public market managers may not hold positions that do not comply with the guidelines);
- actively engaging corporations in which the OIP has invested; and
proactively investing in socially beneficial projects (primarily through targeted impact investing defined by the UN Millennium Development Goals and Sustainable Development Goals)
- up to 2% of the OIP assets in concessional impact investments (i.e. offering less than a market rate of return in order to achieve a significant social benefit); and
- competitive market rate impact investments (i.e. offering a market rate of return for the asset class while attaining a social benefit).